Exercise For All Ages
and Fitness Levels
The Wall Pushup is a great chest exercise for
people who want to get stronger, but are unable to perform a regular
pushup. By performing this pushup standing up, most of your weight is
on your feet. As you build up strength, you can begin to move your feet
further away from the wall. This will have the effect of transferring
more of your weight from your feet to your chest and arms, making the
pushup harder. Like all great natural exercises, the wall pushup will
work your entire body, but especially your chest and arms. It is a
great exercise for all ages and fitness levels. When you can do this
exercise with ease, it's time to move onto more challenging pushups,
like the Hindu
Here's How to Perform A Wall Pushup
- Stand about 2 to 4 feet from a flat wall with
your feet together.
- Lean forward and place your hands on the wall.
- Bend your elbows so that your face comes close
to the wall.
- Press back with your arms until they are
straight and you have returned to your original leaning position.
Wall Pushup Variations
- Variation #1 - One Armed Wall Pushup
- Perform the same exercise as above, except this time only use one arm.
- Variation #2 - Plyo Wall Push Up
- Same as a regular wall pushup, except that this time you do not start
with your hands on the wall. Standing straight up, the hands of your
extended arms should be a few inches from the wall. As you lean
forward, place your hands on the wall and lower your nose towards it.
Then, push against the wall so that your hands no longer touch it and
you are standing upright.
from The Wall Pushup Chest Exercise to Developed Chest
If you have
any questions, feel
free to write me using the Contact
If you found this exercise to be helpful, help me spread the word by
using these social networks below. Thanks!