Want to learn
one of the famous back strengthening exercises from Ancient
Although the table maker is one of the best back
strengthening exercises you can do, there is some controversy at to
whether it actually originated in Tibet. You can read about the
controversy of the
Five Tibetan Rites HERE. What is not controversial, however,
is that the Table Maker is a fantastic exercise that will increase the
strength in your upper and lower spine, as well as increase its
flexibility. In addition, your triceps, shoulders, hips and buttocks
will also get a workout. Try it for yourself and see.
Here’s How To Perform The
- Sit on the ground with you legs straight out in
front of you. Place your hands palm down by your hips. The fingers can
be either pointing towards your toes or behind you.
- Bend your knees slightly and place your weight
on your heels.
- Press with your hands as you lift your hips to
the ceiling and place your feet flat on the ground.
- Squeeze your buttocks tightly and push the
soles of your feet into the ground.
- Straighten your back as much as you can. Your
knees and shoulders should make 90 degree angles with your body, making
- Hold this position for a couple of seconds,
then return to the floor.
- Do 10 to 20 repetitions of this exercise.
- Make sure you take deep breaths. Inhale up,
from back strengthening exercises, the Table Maker, to healthy BACKS
If you have
any questions, feel free to write me using the Contact
If you found this exercise to be helpful, help me spread the word by
using these social networks below. Thanks!